The day has finally for Marlboro Township kids. It's time to dress up and empty the pillow cases, only to fill them with delicious, sugary candy.
The township has announced its first Trunk-or-Treat event will take place Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Recreation Center parking lot.
This form of trick-or-treating is in place of going door-to-door in Marlboro Township. Many streets are still unsafe due to downed wires and trees, as well as hanging branches.
The township is also collecting non-perishable foods (no glass containers) which will be donated to the Monmouth County Food Bank.
Safety guidelines and rules:
- No one is permitted to enter the Recreation Parking lot before 9 a.m. Once you enter, you will you will not be permitted to leave the lot until 12:30 p.m.
- You must be in the parking lot no later than 9:45 a.m. in order to be a participating car. The lot will be closed at 9:45 a.m. whether it is filled or not.
- You must park your car front-first-in. Please place your candy in the Trunk. For safety, please remain in your car until 10:00a.m.
- If the recreation lot is full or you do not wish your car to be a participating‘Trunk’, parking is permitted at the Municipal Center, Board ofEducation, and the library parking lots. You may enter and exit those lots as you please. There is NO Trunk-or-Treating permitted in any lot other than the recreation lot.
- Not a ‘Trunk’ car? Give your candy to a participating car.
- PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN CHILDREN!
- Event ends promptly at 12:30 p.m.
- No homemade goods or unwrapped candy permitted.
- Please bring a garbage bag to help clean up after the event.
- Carpooling is strongly encouraged!
- Marlboro Residents only please.