With the Holidays rapidly approaching, we tend to do a lot of last minute shopping. Here are a few quick tips to avoid injury when scurrying around for those last minute gifts:
- Use shopping carts whenever possible
- When holding shopping bags, try and hold equal weight on both sides of your body.
- Try and maintain good posture when carrying heavy bags.
- Try and use proper lifting techniques or ask for some help from a store associate.
- If you normally carry a heavy purse, try and limit what you bring with you that day in the bag or bring a cross shoulder bag with you to properly distribute the weight.
- When removing items from your vehicle, lean against the back of the vehicle, pull the item close to your body instead of reaching and then lift.
The Team at Comprehensive Medical Care
For more information on neck, back or joint pain visit us @ www.theccmc.com