These five stories were the most-read articles on Marlboro-Colts Neck Patch in January.
5. . The Board of Education told Patch in January that the 90-day trial for cops in school, a security measure taken after the Newtown, CT school shooting, would cost $100,000. After 90 days, the district will determine what security upgrades the district needs and decide how best to move forward.
4. Man Dies After Medical Incident at Colts Neck Inn. Luis H. Morea, 64, of New York City died on Jan. 26 after falling to the ground during his kitchen shift at the Colts Neck Inn.
3. Old Bridge Police: Cause of Route 9 Bus Accident Remains Under Investigation. Thirty-five people were reported injured on Jan. 10 after an Academy commuter bus and an Old Bridge school bus collided on Route 9 North in Old Bridge Township Thursday morning, according to Cpt. Art Carullo.
2. Marlboro Rabbi Implores BOE To Reconsider Effects of Security Measures. Rabbi Donald Weber of Temple Rodeph Torah shared his letter to the Marlboro Board of Education, a plea to reconsider place one cop in every school.
1. Lost Dog: Marlboro Family Offering a Reward. Poor Dougie is still lost. Please click on the link to find his photo and keep an eye out for the little guy! He has been missing since around Jan. 14. This article was recommended on Facebook 588 times from the site, but keep sharing!