Just as the season’s fashions change, so should your makeup!
This fall we are seeing a lot of reds, wines, and plums. I hear many women say they “can’t pull off red lipstick.” But, the good thing about makeup, is, it’s forgiving! Practice makes perfect! And…the reds these days have all different hues to work with. If you are unsure, try a gloss, so it just gives you a slight stain of color.
When you work up the nerve to go all out red lips, here are a few tips to get the perfect red pout…
- Always remember to exfoliate your lips (use a lip exfoliator, or, even simply use your dry toothbrush to gently slough off dead skin.)
- Next, moisturize your lips (I use my HTC Lip Toxyl X3 to smooth and plump.) You can use your favorite balm or moisturizer.
- I also suggest a lip primer (or you can even use a dab of your concealer/foundation to matte out your lips and ensure a truer color and prevent your lipstick from bleeding.)
- Line your lips with liner. And fill in (this will help ensure lasting color.)
- Then apply the red of your choice!
Keep in mind the golden rule… when using bold lip colors, go softer on your eye makeup, and be sure to add warmth to your cheeks with a bronzer or blush to avoid too harsh of a look.
Play with your makeup! Become your own artist, and make your face your own personal canvas!
Happy Fall! And…happy creating fabulous faces!
Please Note- You can Enter to win a FREE makeover by Jen HTC just by "Liking" my Heavenly Touch Cosmetics page! Attached is a photo of last month's winner, Chechi! Photo by Jason Doble.
New location* Bella Vista Country Club Spa, Marlboro, NJ