September is International Update Your Résumé Month! So, this is the perfect time to pull out that old version and put it to the test to see just how outdated it might be. Remember, your résumé is a marketing tool and you have about 6 seconds to make a positive first impression on your reader.
Take this short quiz and let’s see if it is time to update your résumé:
1. A résumé should always be 1-page
2. Résumés begin with an objective statement.
3. Times New Roman is the best font for the résumé.
4. It is not acceptable to use color, chart, graphs, and images on a résumé.
5. My résumé has a wide, left-handed margin and the dates are to the left.
6. Résumés should conclude with “References Available Upon Request”.
Results: If you answered “True” to any of the above, your résumé may need serious updating! If you are interested in learning why, and how you can create a compelling job-search document that will get results in a competitive market, visit my website at: www.riklanresources.com.
Also, I’d like to invite you to attend our upcoming, Free 60 minute Teleseminar:
"How to Write a Resume that Gets Results in a Tough Economy"
It will take place on Thursday, September 27th @ 7:30 PM EST
This exclusive event is co-hosted by me, Michelle A. Riklan, ACRW, CPRW, CEIC, Resume Expert and Career Coach and Marshall Brown, Career and Executive Coach and certified REACH Branding specialist. Here's a sneak peek at some of what you'll learn in this resume writing teleseminar:
- What are the 3 most common mistakes job seekers make when writing their resume?
- What are the basic components of a resume that gets results?
- How to create a resume that will act as a solid marketing tool for you.
And much more. . .
Sign up today: http://www.mbrownassociates.com/teleseminars.html
Marlboro resident Michelle A. Riklan is a certified professional résumé writer, career coach, public speaker, and employment interview consultant.
Michelle A. Riklan, ACRW, CPRW, CEIC
Résumés that land on the top of the pile!
Coaching that puts you ahead of the competition.
Training that ensures career advancement.
We want you to reach your top potential!