Wendy Berk of Morganville said it is devastating enough to have your home burglarized, but it hurt her more that thieves took items near and dear to her heart.
Berk said she lost her husband, and on Friday night burglars broke into her Eisenhower Circle home in Morganville and removed items that not only belonged to him but had sentimental value to both Berk and her daughter Mikayla.
Berk said the break-in occurred between 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on Friday.
"These items either belonged to or were given to me by my late husband and so their sentimental value is priceless," Berk said.
Berk and her daughter and looking to the community for help. She is willing to offer a reward for any items recovered.
- 1 plus carat 14k gold high quality marquis diamond engagement ring, diamond setting shaped as bow (photo attached)
- Diamond 14k wedding band in V shape-baguette diamonds
- 14k mens heavy ring of a hand with fingers holding a diamond
- 14k mens ring with diamond in center set around gold.
- Black and Gold Movado mens watch engraved with names Marc and Wendy
- 2 Wedding band-two tone 14k gold engraved with saying and date 10-23-94
- 18k gold chain and key charm (photo attached)
- 14k sapphire and diamond ring, marquis shape
- 14k diamond and sapphire ring two hearts coming together
Anyone with information about the items or the burglary can contact the at (732) 536-0100.