Marlboro High School, just one of six schools in the Freehold Regional High School District, was named one of the top high schools in New Jersey, according to recent ranked by U.S. News and World Report.
With a state rank of 37 and a national rank of 782, the school has an Advanced Placement Test participation rate of 39 percent, with a total enrollment of 2,034.
MHS has a reported 97 percent proficiency in English, 92 percent in math and scored a 36.7 on the publication's college readiness index. The district, as a whole, scored a 24.5 on the college readiness index.
was the only school in the Freehold Regional High School District to have broken the top 50 rank.
The top 15 New Jersey high schools, according to U.S. News and World Report are:
- High Technology High School, Lincroft
- Biotechnology High School, Freehold
- Dr. Ronald E. McNair Academic High School, Jersey City
- Academy for Allied Health Sciences, Scotch Plains
- Bergen County Academies, Hackensack
- Elizabeth High School, Elizabeth
- Chatham High School, Chatham
- Ridge High School, Basking Ridge
- Academy of Allied Health and Science, Neptune
- Princeton High School, Princeton
- Bergen County Technical High School, Teterboro
- Millburn High School, Millburn
- Union County Magnet High School, Scotch Plains
- West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South
- Ridgewood High School, Ridgewood