The 5k Run and Festival is coming to Marlboro. If you're looking for a reason to go, there may be more than one.
- Beer Garden for adults
- Root Beer Garden for kids
- Tech t-shirts
- Post-race lunch and Fajji’s homemade ice cream
- Raffle entries for all participants
- Entertainment – 'Twist-n-Shout' DJ, bouncy houses, and lots more
- Race photos by Craig Haas Photography
Stomp the Monster was founded by Marlboro resident Seth Grumet, who after being diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2010, wanted to find a way to offer a support system for those in need. Grumet's then 10-year old daughter told him the cancer was a monster under the floorboards that needed to be stomped out.
Grumet said on his website, “I met people during chemotherapy that needed help and I want to help them. Some could not get rides to treatment sessions, some were simply going through this alone, while others still had to take care of their families and homes while suffering through the sickness that comes with treatment. At first I found this terribly sad, but soon I began to see the opportunity to help.”
And so he decided to help Stomp the Monster under the floorboards by creating a non-profit organization to help in any way he could.
The 5k will go on, rain or shine, beginning at the .
- 8 a.m. Registration opens, pre-race packet pick-up
- 9:30 a.m. Kids' STOMP
- 10 a.m. 1-mile Health Walk
- 10:30 a.m. 5k Run
- 11 a.m. Beer Garden opens / festivities
- 11:30 a.m. Awards Ceremony and Raffles
- 2 p.m. End
Online and mail-in registration must be completed by April 20. More information about registration and how to donate can be found at http://stompthemonster.org
Last year, Stomp the Monster raised $50,000 and had well over 1,000 people attend.